Essential information, to make critical decisions, protect contractual rights, support innovation, deliver services, process transactions, serve constituents, and support the organization’s mission, is contained in documents or records which need to be effectively managed.
According to a study by market intelligence and advisory firm IDC, Knowledge workers (the economy’s highest paid workers) spend an estimated 20% of their day looking for information in documents, yet about 50% of that time they are unable to find what they’re looking for.
IMC’s Records Management Program Evaluation Dashboard (RaMPED) takes advantage of three industry evaluation tools to provide a detailed and objective assessment of an organizations records management program for both paper and electronic records.
Areas assessed by RaMPED:
• Policies and procedures surrounding an organization’s Records Management (RM) system
• Program structure which must support the overall business plan of the organization
• Classification plan effectiveness, which is a critical element in providing consistency in how records are managed and retrieved
• Records security and protection procedures, which ensure that records are protected from premature destruction, unauthorized access or modification, as well as physical damage or loss
• Active program effectiveness, which is concerned with the management of records that are being used to conduct current business transactions
• Inactive program effectiveness, which is concerned with the management of records that are being maintained for legal and regulatory purposes
• Monitoring of the RM program and training of employees to ensure compliance with RM policies and procedures throughout the organization
Using the RaMPED evaluation and recommendations, your organization can take specific and targeted steps to improve the compliance and effectiveness of your RM program. This will reduce cost, lower legal risk, and ensure that critical information can be found when needed.
Contact us to find out how RaMPED allows IMC to work with your organization to develop a RM strategy with clear, measurable, tactical actions based on a detailed and objective evaluation of your current program.